Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 18:05:55
Page:  1 
Opinion: Anonymous hits are cowardly Started by: Tupac on Apr 29, '24 13:38

Tupac noticed some desire of debates to return to the streets. The same old conversations of loyalty and random stories were days of old. Tupac smiled as he took a puff of his cigar and looked out and around the city skyline. He stood out a liquor store when his friend rushed over. 

Pac, someone hitlisted you. They want you dead. It was an anonymous hit but apparently it came shortly after you spoke out in the streets about signing crew rules, no one could imagine who would put you on the hit list with such a low offer and without a reason. Especially as you don’t even sell drugs. It’s very confusing to say the least. Do you have any leads on who or why this would have happened?

His corrupt agent handed him a paper. The price listed for Tupacs head was $100,000. Anonymous. No reason given. Tupac strolled down to the streets and watched as people engaged in ideological conflict. The problem was that others seemed to take disagreements of their thoughts as an attack on their character, their upstanding and noble character. Tupac decided he would address the situation but in a broad way so as to not offend the would be poster of hits. 

Yo, listen up, my mafia fam. We gotta talk about this whole hitlist situation. It's not just about who's on it, it's about how it's done. Putting someone on a hitlist anonymously? That's some cowardly shit, man. It's like you're hiding behind a mask, afraid to show your face. If you got a beef with someone, have the guts to say it to their face and square up with them like a real G. Using this scape goat of anonymity just shows you ain't standin' by your words, and that ain't the way.

And when you put someone on a hitlist anonymously, you're not just targeting them, you're messin' with their whole mutha fuckin crew. They gotta watch their backs, not just for you, but for anyone who might be gunnin' for 'em 'cause of that list. It's a mind game, a way to mess with their heads and keep 'em on edge. Which, by all accounts is an attack on the crew. And that ain’t cool, man. We gotta have honor in our actions, even when we're takin' care of business.

So I propose a new solution. Instead of hiding behind your mask puttin hits outta fear cause you can’t stand against a real G, have the guts to invite that person to a duel or don’t be anonymous about your hitlist. It’s cowardly and unbecoming of a mafioso. 

Tupac stands back and awaits someone to come up and disagree or agree with him.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $280,000 Tip

Seanie passes through the streets and overhears Tupac shouting to all or any that are willing to listen. He looks at the face on a recent poster he noticed and went to show the speaker. 

You might want to see this. It appears your speech regarding the cowardness of anonymous hits has led to... ehm.... more anonymous hits.

Seanie waits whilst Tupac composes himself. 

I get the frustration and I understand your point of view when you say it shows a lack of honour. However, money is power here. People have the cash and the authority .... or should I say power,  to get shit done without getting their hands dirty or having their name dragged through the mud.

There's enough corruption around here that even the most innocent looking amongst us can go about their criminal activities without raising so much as an eyebrow.

I wish you well and comemd you for speaking up, but things just don't work like that around here.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Tupac listened as the Don from Chicago shared his wise experience of the life of the mafia. The reality of the situation Tupac found himself in was voicing an opinion that probably did not need to be voiced. Infact, part of the life in this world offered individuals the opportunity to remove threats anonymously to move up the chain of command. Was it a cowardly or clever idea of the anonymous individual to post those hits? Regardless, he was coming to the understanding that the mafia life was more about subtleness and secrecy. Tupac threw his hands in the air out of frustration when suddenly his Corrupt Agent rushed over to him.

Someone wants you dead! They put up a $2,500,000 hit on you. It was immediately followed up by a $187,000 hit. They are gunning for you man you need to keep a low profile. Your stirring waters you shouldn’t be stirring.

Tupac frowns and his Agent accomplice and begins to speak to him first.

Man fuc that. I ain’t backin down from no man. $2,500,000 is cowardly shit. You goin try to hitlist me, try throwing up some real cash opposed to what a few credits could get you. I got 16 enemies and ain’t one dared to take that shot! But I hear you CA, I’ll take it easy. I’ll back off from speakin my truth cause the reality of it is I need to be more in my team backin my homies. 

Tupac turns back to SeanieFlaherty

Don Flaherty, I appreciate your wise advice brotha. The idea was all about voicing opinions and trying to stir up some healthy debate. At this time, I think you’re right. I should probably take a back seat and let shit play out for itself for a little while. Thank you homie for bein real with me.

Tupacs agent turned back over to Tupac.

I was just notified your hit was bought off. You have 5 drug units to your name and someone bought off multiple hits on you already. You’re one expensive man to keep alive. 

Tupac stared blankly at his Agent and then looked just past his shoulder. He saw some of his friends in the distance watching him.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Eh - I've thought about this a little in the past.  Here's kind of what I think.

I partially agree with SeanieFlaherty here.  Money is indeed power. 

I guess the issue I have with the fact that money can be generated by otherworldly means which can mitigate the insidethisworldly hard work of others, if you catch my drift.  I'm not so much a big fan of that, but I'm not totally against it.  

I guess I feel like it might be prudent to recognize the insidethisworldly hard work of others at a level which can eliminate the hitlist.  How is this accomplished?  I'd be up for suggestions.  Hell, I don't even know what options exist because the hit list is something that I have never really played around with.  If the hitlistee were able to eliminate the hitlister with their own gun to void the payment - I feel like that's an interesting wrinkle and a way of confronting the hitlister in a manner befitting them.  Just my .02 cents worth from a bored wise guy.  Cheers.

Report Post Tip

I dont see how it's anymore cowardly than when people remove others in their sleep. That's usually how wars are done nowadays. One side waits for the other to be asleep. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tupac stares blankly at Lissa

Speak your truth sista! Say what’s on yo mind.

Report Post Tip

To be fair, Lissa, that’s how wars are won. The enemy can’t strike back if they aren’t awake. There aren’t any rules. Everyone does what they need to do to survive.

Ethical? No.

Effective? Absolutely.

Report Post Tip

OliverQueen - how would your lineage know anything about the art of war?

Report Post Tip

Mr. Queen,

I was not arguing whether it worked or not. Only stating that anonymous hits are no more cowardly than taking the lives of sleeping individuals. One could argue, I suppose, that anonymous hits are a way to show displeasure in those that a person may not be able to target themselves for whatever reason. And a great way for rogues to get some bank for their next of kin.

On a personal level, I hate wasting money and hitlists just seem like a waste to me. Everyone dies eventually as the life of crime is not a friendly one.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Opinion: Anonymous hits are cowardly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL